Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Cleansing Analyst
Functional Area: Y.O.D.A Programme
Reports to: Programme Manager, Y.O.D.A Programme
Travel required: None
- The iNGindustry has long sought tachieve the ambitious vision conceived in Plan’s Y.O.D.A (Your Organisations Data Analytics) Programme, tdeliver richness of data tdemonstrate development programming impact.
- The Programme will bring benefit tcore business functions through efficiency, effectiveness and management control with the largest value being more high-quality data tmanage Plan’s business.
- It will improve management decision-making and the organisation’s ability tanalyse, measure and evidence impact and financial investment in the core development and humanitarian work of Plan International and tachieve our ambition statement of ‘all girls standing strong creating global change.’
- The role of the Data Cleansing Analyst is a very exciting new opportunity twork globally across Plan International and our 55 country offices (spread over Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East and the Americas) tensure that our data is in a great state tbe migrated ontour new Y.O.D.A systems.
- Reporting tthe Deployment Execution Programme Manager, you will work with a diverse team of passionate people tfirst extract and analyse data, then supporting, communicating and updating our country offices on a monthly basis tensure we are making progress and are in a stable state ttransform our global systems (which will be a staggered deployment approach of country offices over the course of a year).
- The role is a fantastic opportunity for an aspirational individual twork in a complex, global environment with a dedicated team and making a difference tPlan’s humanitarian initiatives.
Dimensions of the Role and Key Accountabilities
- Communicate key insights and the “story” ta range of business stakeholders, across programme Y.O.D.A, at all levels as required.
- Based on metrics and analysis, recommend reasonable short- and long-term goals for key performance metrics in regard tdata readiness for transformation
- Gather and analyse data tproduce a range of accurate and timely MI, analysis, insights and trends across the country offices
- Build supporting relationships with our 4x Regional Hubs and country offices
- Assist Y.O.D.A programme in statistical assessment, report writing and development of data/ insights driven presentations tthe wider team.
- Perform statistical analysis on Y.O.D.As global data cleansing initiative
- Manage and manipulate data tensure the status and expectations of the programme team are understood.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable ttheir area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance ttheir area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- The role is a great opportunity twork with a truly passionate, global team and tlearn and shape your own role tensure that performance across the data cleansing initiative increases.
- There is also the possibility of making this position permanent once the Y.O.D.A programme deployment concludes.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in excel (capable or writing formulas, creating pivot charts etc.)
- Proficient in Power BI
- Proficient in outlook (email, creating virtual meet ups etc.)
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Enthusiasm about the role and Plan’s mission
- Fluent English
- Willingness tlearn and develop
- Proactive in problem solving and communicating taudiences
- Knowledge or experience of SQL
- Both of the above can be learnt ‘on the job’ if nprior experience – but a willingness tlearn and develop is key!
Daily / Weekly Contact (Virtually):
- Reporting tand taking a strategic steer from the Deployment Execution Programme Manager
- Working alongside and giving direction and updates t4 x Regional Directors at our hubs in:
- Asia Pacific (Bangkok, Thailand)
- West and Central Africa (Dakar, Senegal)
- Middle East, Eastern and Southern Africa (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Americas (Panama)
- Ensuring alignment between different streams of work with:
- Y.O.D.A Data Architect
- Y.O.D.A Data Migration Project Manager
- Y.O.D.A Data Warehouse Project Manager
Weekly / Bi-weekly Contact (Virtually):
- Infrastructure and Systems Support Programme Manager (ensuring alignment with this programme of work)
- Country Office staff (supporting where needed and helping tresolve issues)
- Y.O.D.A PM(Programme Management Office) (reporting on progress, status and timelines)
- Y.O.D.A Programme Directors (reporting on progress, status and timelines)
Plan International’s Value in Practice
We are Open and Accountable:
- We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent.
- We hold ourselves and others taccount for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We Strive for Lasting Impact:
- We strive tachieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and tsecure equality for girls.
- We challenge ourselves tbe bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We Work Well Together:
- We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors.
- We actively support our colleagues, helping them tachieve their goals.
- We come together tcreate and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are Inclusive and Empowering:
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people tincrease their confidence and tchange their own lives.
- We empower our staff tgive their best and develop their potential.
- Working from home.
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact – No contact or very low frequency of interaction.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online