Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Counselor Educator / Psychosocial Counselor
Contract: Fixed Term Contract / 208 working hours per month with roster flexibility
- Perform counseling and education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educationalsessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Support loss and grief in case of deaths in our facilities.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best supportavailable.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it.
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases withother counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization forMSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
- Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or other similar Degree / Diploma
- 1-year experience essential.
- Experience with NGO desirable.
- Essential fluent in English / Hausa.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Commitment to MSF Principles.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.