Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Finance Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- The Corporate Finance Associate role is designed to be a mid-level management position within the Corporate Finance (CF) team.
- Associates are expected to start developing managerial skills with limited supervisory functions and an expectation to maintain a level of analyst responsibility.
What you’ll do:
- Directly supporting the CFM with the planning, structuring and execution of engagements and transactions within Corporate Finance;
- Serve as focal point on all CF analyses and financial models with guidance from CFM;
- Conduct research, and where necessary, due diligence with regards to acquisition targets for potential M&A activities;
- Monitor key financial performance indicators of various divisions based on approved forecasts;
- Help prepare detailed information memoranda and presentations on the company and its divisions;
- Work closely with divisional and Sahara entity finance teams to determine appropriate corporate and project financing options based on each entities or project’s unique business profile;
- Develop an implicit understanding of Sahara’s business plan and strategy, and help drive analyses around the business plan and relevant actions to ensure that budgets submitted from divisions are consistent with overall group objectives;
- Work closely with the treasury department to ensure that Sahara’s financing decisions are consistent with the Group’s overall financing strategy, and that liability management is in line with existing covenants;
- Supervise, mentor (where relevant) and work closely with other Corporate Finance Department (CFD) members in all related activities of the CFD;
- Participate in various marketing and recruiting activities of the Company; and must be prepared to travel within and outside Nigeria extensively.
- Successful candidates will have at least an Undergraduate Degree from a leading university, with a major in Finance, Accounting or Economics;
- 3 –5 years of relevant work experience in the financial industry, preferably in energy finance or related corporate, financial advisory and investment banking roles;
- A good understanding of and enthusiasm for the energy sector, including business strategy and operations, processes and key drivers of profitability and ROI, for modelling purposes;
- Strong financial modelling and presentation skills
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques, as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projections;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated with a mastery in written communication and presentations;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally;
- Must be able to multi-task and work closely with individuals from a broad variety of backgrounds; and
- Personable team player, with the ability to gain the confidence and trust of colleague.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Conscientious in approach to work
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with external parties
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online