Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Control & Governance Specialist
Job ID: 2200024686
Employee Status: Permanent
About the Job
- Serve as a liaison between Spoke and Hub for all Credit operations activities for CCIB.
- To act as custodian and hold the combination/keys so assigned of the fire-proof security cabinets in Strong room.
- To upload documents onto iCDMS
- Engage RMs/CMs and obtain updates on outstanding ASTAR items for the monthly CIC pack.
- Provide reports on Excesses, Past due loans and other relevant reports and as may be required.
- Provide a high-level quality support to the Relationship Managers/Credit Approvers in the Business Unit on all control & governance related matters.
- To ensure the smooth running of Audit confirmation process so as to ensure it meets the highest standard the division requires.
- Maintain an independent control over securing documentation to draw down of facilities.
- To manage the relationship between C&G and the allotted Business Units as well as other team members within CRC.
- Responsible for the monitoring and control of transactions and collaterals to ensure compliance with approved credit terms
People & Talent:
- Support the IMO target operating model for Enablement in the region and Support increasing the profile of the Enablement function with internal and external stakeholders
- Achieve an active dialogue with Stakeholders in discussing risk issues and on-going development in the portfolio and Contribute to the achievement of maximum team productivity and overall unit’s productivity goals
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan with team manager, to attain necessary competencies and lead through example
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Nigeria / CCIB / IMO] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Nigeria/ IMO; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures; Multiple functions (double hats); [List all responsibilities associated with the role]
- Staff of Credit Risk Control (HUB) peers & subordinates in Credit Risk Control.
- Relationship Managers,
- Internal Counsel.
- Insurance Companies
- Property Valuation Companies
- A good First Degree. Any other certifications will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2022; 11:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online