SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Site Representative (Confidential)
Location: Nigeria (Offshore)
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent contract
Area activity: Technical Facilities Management
- He is the technical representative of CONTRACTOR on site.
- He is the HSE management representative for CONTRACTOR activities.
- He is responsible for the on-site management of CONTRACTOR’s maintenance teams (administrative, operational, coordination, professional).
- Under the authority of COMPANY Maintenance Superintendent, he organises and plans maintenance operations on site, whether these are carried out by his own teams or by outside teams.
- He guarantees that the HSE rules and operating procedures in force in COMPANY are respected, as well as the regulations in force in CONTRACTOR’s QA/QC handbook.
Working closely with COMPANY’s site maintenance superintendent, he :
- Advises COMPANY’s superintendent on monthly and annual planning,
- Distributes the daily activity to the supervisors as prepared by the planning team,
- Co ordinates the maintenance operations,
- Checks and validates technical reports
- Prepares maintenance reports,
- Informs the persons concerned, by appropriate reporting, on the progress of maintenance operations and, if necessary, of difficulties encountered.
- Takes part in different daily, weekly and site co-ordination meetings,
- Ensures the appropriateness of the operating and maintenance procedures and tools employed by his crews and, if necessary, suggests improvements to COMPANY’s maintenance superintendent
- Ensures co-ordination between maintenance operations and Preparation teams
- Keeps an up-to-date list of work that cannot be performed except during inspections of machines or shutdowns
- Promotes and proposes modifications and improvements.
- Suggests corrective measures to COMPANY if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable,
- Maintains a permanent anticipation on the potential problems that could occur in the production plant, in close relationship with other sections, in order to prevent non-productive or non efficient operations.
Responsible for his teams on site, he particularly:
- Ensures the correct behaviour of his teams in accordance with the general safety regulations of the subsidiary and, if need be, takes the necessary corrective measures
- With the assistance of CONTRACTOR base support, he organises the rotation schedules of his teams (administrative and logistical requirements, crew changes, etc.)
- Identifies the training needs of his teams and makes training requests as appropriate. Constantly checks the validity of individual certifications required by the PERSONNEL of CONTRACTOR
- Manages the Nationalisation plan and proposes all necessary adjustments.
The holder of this position must have the following qualifications:
- Chartered Engineer (A-levels + 5 years’ study) or Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience in the field of maintenance on oil and gas production installations,
- A knowledge of the principles related to the process and equipment of oil and gas treatment installations
- SAP/R3 experience and know-how
- Ability to direct/lead large multinational teams
- Ability to work in a service relationship.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Working language: English
- He must have a proven sense of responsibility and a talent for management.
- He must be rigorous and methodical in his approach to operations.
- He must show common sense and be able to anticipate and analyse.
- A natural, flexible authority is essential.
- Medical certificate for Offshore activities
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, and learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online