The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) for Family Trading and Reunification (FTR) – Lagos
Job ID: CFCV2021/58
Organization Unit: Migration Management (MM)
IOM Classification: Consultant
Type of Appointment: Consultant, 5 Month
- Working under the overall supervision of the Migrant Protection and Assistance Officer (MPA), Lagos and direct supervision of the Protection Officer (AVM/MPA) the successful candidate will be expected to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) for Family Tracing and Reunification (FTR)
Consultant will be expected to deliver at the minimum, the following outputs:
- An inception report and work plan within two weeks of commencement of the assignment
- Outline of the Sof
- Write up of consultations made to present the SoP
- Final Sof
- Facilitate stakeholders’ meeting to validate the Sop
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Prepare a mapping strategy and inception report detailing the modalities and methodology to develop the standard operating procedures for family tracing and reunification (FTR) for vulnerable migrants
- Conduct desk review of existing literature, FTR tools, legislation, policies related guidelines, and other necessary current documentation that will aid the development of a standardized guideline on FTR for the country
- Develop an all-inclusive stakeholder mapping matrix, to ensure coordination among various Governmental and non-Governmental institutions that will be critical to finalization of the FTR SOP in Nigeria
- Develop systematic step by step procedures for conducting FTRs and Harmonize existing FTR tools used by protection actors in Nigeria
- Align the FTR SOP to the National case management and child protection systems in Nigeria
- Through whole Government and whole community approaches convene Consultative meetings with relevant stakeholders to draft, develop and validate the SOP
- Build the capacity of key stakeholders on the finalized FTR SOP
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Five years’ experience in child protection programming, working with vulnerable groups (Persons Living with Disabilities, Persons with MHPSS and medical concerns) migration management, trafficking in persons, smuggling of migrants, Health interventions, and Gender programming
- Advanced University Degree in any of these fields: Social work, Human Rights, International Development, Development Studies, Economics, International Relations, Law with specialization in international human rights law
- Experience in developing standard operating procedures and guidance documents with Government institutions.
- Experience with developing child protection (Case management, Child friendly justice, Family Law, Child friendly social services or alternative care) documents or protection tools or guidance documents is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to: [email protected] indicating the Position applied for on the subject line.
Important Information and Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)”, and with a subject line “CFCV2022/58 Lagos Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) for Family Tracing and Reunification (FTR)”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.