Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to the work of CRS. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, Microfinance, and peace building programming.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Consultancy: ToR for the Engagement of Media Firm for the Airing of Post ITN Mass Campaign Jingles
Locations: Delta, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Niger, Taraba and Yobe
Terms of Reference
- This Terms of Reference (TOR) provides the description and work to be carried out in the airing of post ITN mass campaign jingles in Seven (7) states that implemented ITN mass campaign in 2022.
- CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). In Nigeria, CRS has been a Co-Principal Recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant since January 2017. As a Co-PR, CRS partnered with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate and implement the 2017 long lasting insecticidal nets (LLIN) mass campaigns in 6 states.
- For the 2021-2023 Global Fund Malaria grant, CRS will remain a Co-PR with NMEP and provide robust oversight to the 3 SRs (Society for Family Health, Management Sciences for Health, and Malaria Consortium). CRS will work closely with NMEP, 3 SRs and other partners, to scale up the implementation of life saving interventions and improve access to quality malaria services in the 13 GF supported states. These critical interventions include malaria treatment and prevention services such as Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention, ITN campaigns, Social and Behaviour Change campaign, and testing and treatment interventions. In addition, CRS will deploy ICT4D devices and technology with the Cash and Asset Transfer (CAT) strategy during the mass campaigns.
- Currently, Nigeria is estimated to account for over 23% of the global malaria burden with high mortality rate. Malaria is endemic in Nigeria and remains a source of concern to government and partner. Despite this, Nigeria has made significant progress in malaria prevention and reduction of mortality in the past decades. This is because of combination of various intervention by government and partners. The goal of Global fund malaria grant is aimed at attaining the National Malaria Control Strategic Plan (NMSP) 2021 – 2025) of achieving a malaria prevalence of less than 10% and reduce mortality attributable to malaria to less than 50 deaths per 1,000 live births by 2025.
- To reduce the prevalence of malaria, ITN mass campaigns are conducted to make nets available at no cost to the household members. To enhance the utilization of nets, media campaign plays critical role in reinforcing net beneficiaries’ behaviour.
- The airing of post ITN mass campaign media jingles is expected to take place in 7 states that implemented ITN mass campaign in 2022. These include Delta, Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Niger, Taraba and Yobe states. The purpose of airing post ITN mass campaign jingles is to ensure increase in utilization of ITNs received by the households during the ITN mass campaign implementation.
We are recruiting one media firm to undertake the following activity: Airing of post ITN mass campaign TV / Radio Jingles in several media platforms.
Airing of Media Jingles
This will include the provision of services in relation to day-to-day engagement of at least three best media station according to NBC ranking and airing of post ITN mass campaign media jingles in 7 states in Nigeria to ensure the following objectives:
- Day to day placement of media jingles in two or three major languages in each of the seven states
- To increase listenership across the media channel because of airing of media jingle using different media outfit.
- To enhance ITN utilization by households
- To provide recommendation to enhance ITN utilization by households.
Deliverables for Airing of Post ITN Mass Campaign Media Jingles
- Evidence of placement of jingles in the selected media house within the state
- Evidenced of aired jingles in the state.
- Report of the placement.
Mandatory requirement for the firms:
- A registered member of Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON) / Advertisers Association of Nigeria (ADVAN)
- Must have presence in the state of engagement
- Evidence of similar work carried out in the past.
Submission and Tender Requirements
To demonstrate that it is a Nigerian registered firm, the firm / company shall provide the following:
- CAC registration and company ownership structure form.
- Evidence of membership/registration with professional bodies.
- Provide details description of office location, presence and capacity to execute the contract.
- Provide evidence of previous contract executed / carried out in the past for different organization.
- Provide evidence of personnel list and position with organization chart.
Duration of the Contract:
- The contract will be rolled on quarterly basis in 2022 only and subject to availability of fund from donor.
Location of the Contract:
- The contract will be done in 7 states (Katsina, Delta, Kaduna, Niger, Yobe, Taraba and Kano) that implemented ITN mass campaign in 2022.
Management Arrangements and Follow-up:
- The Global Fund Malaria Project ACSM unit will provide overall supervision and management of the activity. Focal contact persons on this consultancy shall be the ACSM Officer and/or the Deputy Chief of Party.
Key Working Relationships / Organizations
- Internal: ACSM officer, Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative Health, Country Representative, Operations Manager, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for Program Quality and Management Quality.
- External: Media houses, State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), Technical and Financial Partners, Local Fund Agent (LFA) and Global Fund Country Team
- Please note that CRS will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Agency / Firms should send their financial and Technical Proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “NG8854Consultant: Media Firm / Agencyc 1” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified firms will be contacted upon receipt of proposals.