United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Locations: Lagos and Benin – Edo
Job Type: Permanent
- To manage and support the bank’s Compliance Risk Management strategy in ensuring that the Bank’s AML and Counter Financing of Terrorism’s efforts are in line with the Group standards and international best practices.
- Use of Actimize for Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM).
- Sanctions Screening Compliance.
- Money Remittance (Western Union & MoneyGram) Transactions Monitoring.
- Compliance Investigations, Reporting and Returns Rendition.
- Response to Request for Information (RFI) from Correspondent Banks.
- To carry out enhanced due diligence reviews to prevent the Bank from being exposed to the risk of sanctions and associated financial/reputational loss that the Group may incur as a result of failure to comply with regulations.
- Ensure capacity building of staff to improve Compliance culture in the bank.
- To carry out ongoing monitoring of accounts in line with extant regulations and internal policy to identify and report suspicious transactions to the requisite statutory authorities.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Compliance, Operations, Audit, Internal Control or Risk Management.
- Our ideal candidate must have experience in Operations, Internal Control or Audit & Compliance, External Auditing and Risk Management.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies & procedures
- Deep understanding of the Bank’s products, services and processes.
- Good knowledge of Banking Operations
- Excellent understanding of national and international AML/CFT Regulations.
- Interpretation of red flags of unusual transactions into suspicious transactions reporting.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Good investigative skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and basic applications like excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, July 12th, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online