Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
The Spanish Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Midwife Supervisor
Locations: Shinkafi & Zurmi – Zamfara
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Employment Type: 6 months
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department according to MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high-quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population.
- Follow-up the implantation of all SHR activities in the supported health facilities
- Ensure proper referral linkage of SRH, SGBV & SAC Cases from PHCs, TBAs, & CHW
- Collaborate in data collection with PHCs staffs by ensuring accuracy & reliability of data completeness Provide quality care for victims of all sexual violence cases
- Anticipate and detect danger signs from pregnant women and newborns and propose solutions to medical doctors, MWAM/MAM and PMR.
- Ensure the availability of BEMONC guidelines & implementation of SRH, SGBV and SAC activities at Hospital & PHCs
- Coordinate, plan and train Community MWs and PHCs focal points on SRH and SGBV case management according to MSF protocol
- Moniter the availability of drugs, inventory and requests Coordinate, organize and follow up trainings on capacity building
- Review meetings for supported PHCs staffs, TBAs and CHW on SRH & SGBV Activities
- Ensure availability of needed medical materials, equipment, drugs and manpower
- Monitor inventory protocols for medication, expired drugs, availability, IPC Protocols and implementation
- Ensure linkage of all SGBV cases with MH
- Establish referral pathway of SGBV and SRH cases from PHCCsc and communities
- Document all referral slips form and coordinate administrative processes (exit-paper, transfer-paper, referral notes, etc
- General Nursing & Midwifery Certificate. Training in public health will be an asset
- Minimum of 2 years experience as Midwife and previous coordination and supervisor experience is more advantageous.
- Mission Language mandatory.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: MSF encourages women and people with disabilities to apply.