The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Technician
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: STS- National
Duration: 6 months renewable
- Support the media team in developing and writing stories for institute newsletters i.e IITA News and Talking Drums and other online platforms.
- Backstop the media and visitor’s unit through research, exhibition support, events management, visits and orientation, media, outreach, and documentation of institutional events.
- Produce and air a program on Radio IITA dedicated to specific research themes e.g nutrition and health.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- OND in Mass Communication or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in the use of computer, internet-based tools, and other electronic communication tools.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skill.
- Have excellent interpersonal skill, teamwork and facilitator, networking skill and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
- Ability to deliver accurate and timely report, work with minimum supervision andwith tight deadlines.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted