The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coca-Cola Shape Choice Brand Director – Africa
Reference ID: R-73302
Employment Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 00% – 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Reports to: Category lead-Africa
About the Role
- We aspire to achieve a balanced of global, regional and local brands, with scale, that have the strongest potential to help us grow our consumer base, increase frequency and drive system margin accretion.
- We are thought leaders who are constantly innovating.
- We’re looking for a talented Brand Director to lead brand strategies for some of the most iconic brands in the industry.
- This role has a broad range of responsibilities that will assist in delivering specified business targets (volume, profit, share) through the development and execution of all brand strategies across Price, Promotion, Packaging & Product.
- The success candidate should have the passion and experience in consumer package goods, demonstrating the ability to thrive leading a team in order to champion a brand and can motivate both internal and external partners.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Leads the strategic brand development, initiatives and programs designed to broaden the appeal of our brands to the consumer in order to drive growth and revenue for both our innovation and profit streams.
- Accountable for recommending the clear, differentiated, global brand positioning, and setting the consumer target consistent with the global positioning.
- Drives key brand or category initiatives that effectively reach and connect with target consumers.
- Defines global brand(s) standards and design language and ensures consistency with brand positioning.
- Acts as a brand champion across the business.
- Approves product packaging designs to be consistent with product communications hierarchy and brand(s) standards.
- Works collaboratively with Design Center to lead global designs.
- Works with the Knowledge, Strategy and Insights teams to develop consumer marketing insights and provide a foundation for marketing strategy and channel management.
- Ensures strategic brand communications (including advertising, promotion and media plans) via deep consumer understanding, KBI tracking that follows global category strategy guidelines, as well as development of reporting and execution models to evaluate results and leverage key learnings.
- Establishes and oversees the portfolio budgets to ensure appropriate funding the brand portfolio to ensure appropriate marketing mix that drives efficiency and deliver against financial targets, accounting principles, process guidelines and productivity goals
- Coaches, inspires, and builds marketing capabilities and acts as a role-model in growth behaviors and leadership behaviors.
- Acts as a thought leader around brand or category innovation, develops new means for stimulating creativity, insight collection or idea generation leading to new to the world insights and product concepts.
- Works with the brand leads to translate the business strategies into compelling business briefs to guide internal teams on the development and execution of marketing communication plans that deliver to the portfolio/ brand goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Works collaboratively with R&D to lead development of and recommend a brand &/or category innovation strategy, including role of sustaining and breakthrough innovation, new categories, and new market spaces.
- Includes innovation in brand communication, business model or strategic partnership.
- Can persuasively articulate the innovation strategy into a long-term product road.
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field is required (Master’s degree is highly preferred)
- 7+ years of related CPG experience working on a business that is global with direct responsibility on a global project. Can demonstrates an understanding of differences between countries and cultures.
- Demonstrate the ability to translating marketing objectives into strategies and plans.
- Proven success in leading a team to develop a comprehensive marketing plan that is integrated across multiple consumer touch points, including at point-of-purchase.
- Knowledge of information used to define brand strategic corridors and develop appropriate business solutions and the ability to lead the development, communication and stewardship of global brand positioning, architectures and policies/guidelines are needed
- Knowledge of and the ability to use basic financial analysis (e.g., Return on Investment, Value Chain Analysis) related to marketing effectiveness, resource allocations and new business opportunities is needed
- Successfully launched several new products from concept stage through commercialization and in-market success. Has successfully managed a product portfolio.
- Persuasive communication skills and ability to develop materials for corporate strategy and business review meetings.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a marketing team.
- Analytical Techniques, Brand Architecture, Brand Management, Brand Positioning, Brand Strategy, Channel Management, Competitive Assessments, Consumer Segmentation, Creative Development, Digital Media Strategy, Leadership, Life Cycle Management, Marketing Strategies, Media Planning, Portfolio Management, Problem Solving, Quantitative Research, Social Media Strategies, SWOT Analysis.
What We Can Do For You
- Iconic Brand: Work on the most recognized brands in the world and be part of developing the brands next chapter.
- Exposure to World Class Leaders: Availability to global marketing leaders that will expand your network and exposure you to emerging digital platforms and marketing insights.
- Creative Team Culture: Be inspired by the best brand leaders and agencies in the world, which creates a creative culture that supports taking risks and innovation.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Our Purpose and Growth Culture
- We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference.
- We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves.