The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Client Responsiveness and Accountability (CRA) Officer
Requisition ID: req29998
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Regular
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Position Reports to: CRA Manager, MEAL Manager
Position Directly Supervised by: CRA Manager
Indirect Reporting: MEAL Coordinator, SAM/FC
Background / IRC Summary
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
- At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in Mubi town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria followed by offices in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014 and Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015.
- The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs
Job Overview / Summary
- The Clients Responsiveness and Accountability (CRA) Officer reports to the CRA Manager and supports field level implementation of CRA actions.
- S/he ensures that feedback mechanisms (both proactive and reactive) are established in consultation with the communities; regularly promoted through different media and clients’ feedback is regularly collected, analyzed and responded to in timely manner.
- S/he also ensures that CRA reports are regularly generated within the agreed frequency and results are presented regularly during project meetings to inform design and delivery of the project.
- Additionally, the CRA Officer conducts feedback sessions, FGDs and surveys to solicit for clients’ feedback.
Program / Project Design and Learning:
- Participate in program/ project design especially in developing proposals using learning from previous projects
- Responsible for reviewing and developing CRA tools for data collection ensuring it is adapted and suitable for the context
- Responsible for organizing periodic meetings with stakeholders to ensure accountability to the target populations served and relevant stakeholders and ensure dissemination of information to concerned parties
- With support from the CRA Manager, ensure the CRA maintains project level information management system upholding confidentiality principles
- Update/Review the SOPs and Feedback Plans together with the CRA Manager and the MEAL Coordinator
Information Management and Reporting:
- Lead and coordinate processes to collect, review and respond to client feedback at the LGA level.
- Set up feedback mechanisms to collect and respond to client feedback – both proactive and reactive (technological improvements to existing mechanisms), with support from MEAL Officers
- Conduct regular FGDs/KIIs and meetings with different stakeholders to solicit feedback on IRC’s work.
- During distributions, establish a help desk/information table for the community members to answer beneficiary comments/questions. After the distribution, prepare help desk reports on the distribution.
- Prepare CRA reports based on consolidated analysis of client feedback recorded via proactive and reactive channels, to be discussed at field meetings, project review meetings for analysis and decision making at the provincial level.
- Ensure proper cleaning and analysis of data collected via different channels and ensure it is stored in the CRA database
- Facilitate presentation of CRA dashboards on Power Bi
- With support from the CRA Manager, lead and coordinate on Client satisfaction survey across IRC locations
Capacity Building and Supervision:
- Conduct capacity building sessions with community stakeholders, and IRC staff on the IRCs CRA Mechanism
- Responsible for providing assistance to MEAL Officers during sector level trainings especially on CRA
- Accountable for coaching, mentoring, and supervising CRA Assistants
- Responsible for supporting her/his subordinate/s in completing performance management activities including: workplan design, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals
- Perform other task related assignment proposed by his/her supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanitarian Assistance, Social Work, Human Rights, International Law, Social Science or related field. Postgraduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in humanitarian contexts, with a preference for experience in engaging across organizations, in community services and AAP, or in change management and organizational change.
- Extensive expertise in delivering accountability mechanisms, as well as capacity to support effective communication with communities (with a specific focus on empowering women, children, and marginalized groups).
- Ability to package and communicate complex topics through written reports and presentations.
- Excellent facilitation skills, and strong understanding of how to safely and accurately collect feedback from all members of a community regardless of their age, gender, or other diversity factors.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Good written and spoken English, Hausa, Kanuri, and Fulani skills
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel (data analysis and visualization), and PowerPoint. CommCare and PowerBI is a strong advantage
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online