Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Analyst – Consumer Electronics
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Commercial Analyst – Consumer Electronics will be responsible for providing proactive and actionable insights through persistent forward-looking analysis and financial performance evaluation across the assigned categories.
- You will play a key role in supporting the Commercial Planning Manager in reviewing Commercial performance for the optimization of revenue and gross profit. In addition, a pivotal responsibility will be to drive proactive and actionable commercial insights, standardization of analytics, customer engagement routines and performance reviews.
- Responsible for production and communication on key insights on your category (best selling products, price points, brands, product specs, etc.) to be used in making high impact decisions
- Supporting the execution of the commercial plan, ensuring Jumia always has for the customer, the right products at the best price, at the right place. Being within our teams, an early adopter, a leading ambassador, and a relentless missionary of Jumia’s strategic commercial orientation.
- Owning our inventory monitoring process to ensure best in class inventory management
- Understanding all your markets, vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across specific categories, Supporting Commercial planning team to deliver best in class performance steering
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations…), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Support massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools and process.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited universities.
- 2-4 years’ experience in analyzing large data sets to make strategic decisions.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL and Google suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.