We are passionate about off-grid energy. Salpha Energy is a for profit social business and manufactures honest, reliable solar products designed to help people living off the electric grid.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
- As the Cashier, you have the primary responsibility of handling customer purchasing and payments while facilitating a good interaction/relationship with the customer.
- You are entrusted with the key responsibilities of complementing the customer shopping experience by evaluating the customer’s purchases, handling the customers’ payments for goods and services while making the process as enjoyable and least stressful as possible.
Core Duties / Responsibilities
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Resolving customers’ payment complaints.
- Maintains records to allow easy disbursement, reconciliation and replenishment.
- Processes expense retirement ledgers to ensure proper accountability of all cash advances.
- Creates and maintains records of cash requests and disbursements.
- Reconciles all received cash, which have been recorded in the petty cash book, with expenses.
- Processes payment for accounts and issuing receipts.
- Keep records of amounts received and paid, and regularly checking the cash balance against this record.
- Files all documents concerning cash payment and collection.
- Responds to queries regarding approvals, payment limits and deadlines for retirements etc.
- Retires the various imprest accounts.
- Prepares daily and weekly collections and payment summary reports for review by the station supervisor.
- Have proper knowledge of all companies’ products and prices.
- Processing various forms of tender e.g. cash, cheques, debit card, gift vouchers presented by the customer as means of payment.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications with 3 – 5 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.