Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Campaign Project Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employee Status: Fixed Term Contract / Full Time
Department: ADVOCACY, CAMPAIGNS AND POLICY
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the CAMPAIGN PROJECT MANAGER in Centre London office or flexible remote location within the UK.
Save the Children is building a fresh approach to campaigning – our work to engage publics to shift political conditions for changes in policy and practise for children. Our new campaign model centres child campaigning alongside supporting partnerships and movements; strong public engagement and storytelling to generate political momentum for change. In 2022, we are embarking on a major new global 5 year campaign to tackle climate change and economic inequality as deeply connected crises that threaten child rights.
This role is responsible for leading project management of planning and delivery of this new Global Campaign – Generation Hope. This is based within the Global Campaigns Team, working closely with colleagues in the Policy and Advocacy, Communications and Engagement teams and Global Media Unit – as well as with Members and staff in Regions and Country Offices. The role will also be responsible for supporting specific campaign projects and events. They will play a critical role in ensuring accountability for results and a shared understanding of team priorities and deliverables across Save the Children.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience and ability to project manage various complex projects across international, cross-functional teams
- Strong organisation skills: ability to organise own work efficiently, prioritise, and deliver multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- First class team player, able to collaborate closely with colleagues from a range of professional backgrounds
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including dispute resolution, facilitation and team building skills
- Experience of finding solutions to complex issues, independently defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to summarise complex information in a clear, compelling and accurate way.
- Ability and appetite to work effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
- Commitment to and passion for campaigning as a key approach to achieving impact for children.
- Experience of campaigning / communications / advocacy engagement at national, regional and / or international level an advantage
- Experience working in an international environment
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish or Arabic an advantage.
We can offer circa £35,000 per annum (based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours.
Where we Work –Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Closing Date
2nd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online