The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Applications Specialist
- The role holder provides the technical expertise in relation to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), software, solution architecture, installation, maintenance, supporting and monitoring of specific IT systems in an effective and efficient manner.
- She/he contributes to the department‘s and unit’s objectives and targets by ensuring timely delivery of projects and IT services. The role holder requires to have a deep knowledge of the entire service function to support IT activities in alignment with OPEC Fund’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops/implements application, software.
- Identifies and recommends technology trends to support the future success of OPEC Fund.
- Performs the IT work operation, maintenance, troubleshooting of applications and ERP systems.
- Performs IT tasks in areas such as systems administration, monitoring, patching, database administration, and backup and disaster recovery.
- Maintains and updates the knowledge database and the documentation of systems.
- Resolves incidents and reports them to the supervisor.
- Provides staff training and documentation.
- Provides service desk support related to ERP systems and applications.
- Provides practical information from computing assessments, cost/benefit analysis and recommendations to the supervisor.
- Keeps abreast of developments in Information Technology to maintain and take advantage of best practices.
- Carries out feasibility studies and reports them to the supervisor.
- Reviews technical architecture and proposes hardware and software acquisitions, as well as facilities adjustments/upgrades to satisfy forecasted requirements.
- Implements approved cyber security solutions.
- Accountable for the implementation of IT policies and procedures.
- Interacts with external partners/consultants to acquire goods, services and support.
- Coordinates with vendors for development, maintenance, support and upgrades of the system.
- Coordinates major cross-departmental activities for IT Management.
- Carries out other related tasks assigned by the IT Management.
- Manages IT projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or respective studies. IT certification and other relevant certifications.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience. Preferably at least 1 year at an international institution.
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of French, Arabic, German or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience, preferably in broad ERP systems.
- Very good knowledge of SAP Basis, SAP Solution Manager and OPEN Text.
- Very good knowledge of specific SAP modules: Loans Management (CML), Treasury Management (TRM), Business Partner (BP), Bank Communication Manager (BCM), Travel Management, Procurement (MM), Finance and Controlling (FICO), Human Resource, Fund Management (FM), Business Warehouse (BW), SAP SuccessFactors.
- Hands-on experience in SWIFT, Bloomberg and the payment integration process.
- Very good knowledge of database maintenance and administration.
- Very good knowledge of support for problem analysis including debugging.
- Hands-on experience with disaster recovery process.
- Hands-on experience in the installation, configuration, documentation, testing, training and implementation of new applications and systems.
- Proficiency in analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of applications in Oracle Application Express (APEX).
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure (servers, storage, network, virtualization platform etc.).
- General understanding of the core activities of development institutions, including the OPEC Fund.
- Familiar with planning and organizational skills, as well as project management and presentation skills.
- Proven track record in enterprise architecture and excellence in execution and performance.
- Work experience with innovation projects, knowledge of innovation tools and methods.
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for innovation.
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for development business, and results orientation.
- Able to work efficiently in a well-structured, focused manner setting clear priorities.
- Excellent ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online