FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst, Retail Banking
Category: BI & Analytics
- Developing SQL code/Python, R scripts to interrogate our data to solve key business problems.
- Proactively bringing new ideas to the table relating to business questions, analytics approaches, datasets and ways of working.
- Assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, testing hypotheses with data analysis.
- Communicate analysis, relevant trends and operational performances to internal as well as external stakeholders and across the business.
- Forecasting and scenario planning to create a data-driven performance from historic and current data.
- Present insights to stakeholders & senior management, translating analysis into the ‘so what?’ and identifying possible actions to take as a result.
- Presenting data in a clear and easy to comprehend manner, using visualization tools (Tableau), data warehouse (Bigquery), ELT tool (dbt and git).
- You have 2 – 5 years of experience in delivering actionable insight to support decision making in marketing, commercial, product, operational and/or strategic decisions.
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity & form ambiguous questions into defined solutions to improve the business area.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain results from your analysis in layman’s language to business users.
- You have a high level of SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you’re working with & support other analysts to do so, Python/R is a plus.
- You have a good understanding of the business – you quickly identify which metrics are relevant for an area and anticipate which data projects will add value.
- You have the ability to effectively form relationships with the business in order to help with the adoption of data-driven decision making.
- You have experience building models and dashboards to tight timelines and embedding these in operations to inform real-time business decisions.
- You have experience capturing stakeholder requirements across various levels of seniority and functions and building appropriate analytical solutions.
- You have strong data visualization skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Tableau or similar.
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data.
- Work From Home Allowances
- Training & Development
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A screening interview with one of the members of the Talent Acquisition team – 30 minutes.
- Assignment to be done at home.
- Technical Interview with Shashi Agarwal (Analytics Lead) – 60 minutes.
- Interview with the key stakeholders – 60 minutes.