Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) is a leading Nigerian integrated energy company Together with its affiliates, it oversees upstream, midstream, and downstream operations in Nigeria and across West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Attorney
Ref. ID: R000020582
Location: Warri Main Office, Delta
Job type: Full time
- Provides legal guidance and representation to business unit in legal matters.
- Work as part of a team and provide business focused and solution oriented legal support to client groups on technical and commercial transactions and projects
- Offer general corporate and legal advice to clients on matters which could pertain to upstream or downstream business portfolios
- Draft, review and/or negotiate complex commercial agreements
- Provide legal advice and guidance to clients on policy issues regarding legislation, regulations and rules enacted by the government
- Provide support on advocacy efforts as necessary, including the formulation of strategy and engagement of relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) – Minimum of Second Class Honours, Upper Division
- Barrister at Law (B.L.) from the Nigerian Law School – Minimum of Second Class Honours, Lower Division
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Nine (9) to Eleven (11) years post Call to the Nigerian Bar. Prior in-house (corporate counsel within an organization) experience will be an added advantage.
- Established industry/business knowledge, including drafting, negotiating and closing oil and gas transactions, and providing legal advice and counsel to clients
- Demonstrated job knowledge and technical proficiency
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership and communication skills. Must communicate effectively across broad functional and organizational lines and with regulatory and governmental stakeholders
- Must be a highly collaborative and motivated self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced team environment and collaborating with business clients, colleagues, and outside counsel
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
The salaries attached to this position and the general conditions of service including medical benefits are very attractive and fall within the range obtainable in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates should provide active and functional telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Candidates who miss any notifications from the company due to non-functional phone numbers / emails will not be given further consideration
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Hard copy and multiple applications for a position would not be entertained.
- CNL is committed to complying with sound environmental and safety practices and exhibits cultural diversity, CNL’s employees conduct their day-to-day work activities in accordance with the principles outlined in the Chevron Way values.
- The Chevron Way expresses our vision to be the global energy company most admired for its people. partnership and performance” Qualified candidates interested in becoming valued employees of CNL which provides excellent career opportunities and remunerations are invited to apply.