Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, Earth’s best employer, and Earth’s safest place to work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Solutions Architect, EMEA Startup Scaling Team
Job ID: 2085041
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Startup EMEA team is seeking early career professionals, and advanced career professionals with limited technical experience interested in jump-starting a career as a Startup Associate Solutions Architect.
- During the first 3 months you will be in accelerated workforce development program, shadowing AWS experts, being coached, preparing to become an AWS Associate Certified Solutions Architect and receiving on-the-job training to help you succeed in your new role.
- As a Startup Associate Solutions Architect, you’ll help Startups successfully implement cloud technologies. You’ll solve complex, technical challenges so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures. You’ll drive technical solutions discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams.
- Building relationships to understand our startups is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you’ll use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You’ll help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
- A Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics / Technology / Related Science / Technical field or equivalent training, certifications, and/or experience.
- Experience with Networking fundamentals including Security, Storage or Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP).
- Written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Fluent proficiency in English.
- Experience around implementing cloud-based technology solutions.
- Startup work experience is a plus.
Inclusive Team Culture
- Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work / Life Harmony
- Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfilment AND WE encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.Mentorship & Career Growth
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded Solutions Architect and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online