The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Professor and Founding Chair, Civil and Environmental Program, School of Engineering
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The right candidate should be an outstanding scholar with strong experience in program development in civil and environmental engineering.
- The successful candidate should have experience with both Nigerian and US higher education systems (as administrator, faculty, or student).
- S/he will play a key role in establishing two new civil and environmental engineering programs based on a combination of the American higher education model and all guidelines of the Nigerian National Universities Commission (NUC).
- Areas of potential focus in the new programs may include (but are not limited to) Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management, Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Surveying Engineering, Sanitary, and Waste Engineering, Transport, Highway, and Railway Engineering.
- The position requires a strong record of teaching, research, and service; and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The person of choice will be a candidate for the founding Chair of the future Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Therefore, he/she shall have administrative experience, people- and resource-management skills, mentoring abilities, and should be capable of working and thriving in a team.
- Over her/his first 2-3 years, the candidate will be teaching general engineering courses.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to: [email protected] The position applied for should be the subject of the email.
Applicants should submit their application to email provided with a file comprising of:
- A cover letter (addressing the candidate’s interest in the job, why s/he is a good fit, and his/her program-development and administration philosophies),
- Detailed CV including relevant experience, publication list, and professional activities, and c) a list of at least three references (name, address, phone number, and email address of each).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion, or marital status.