BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager, Accounting
Job Type: Full-time
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to day-to-day operations of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Ensure compliance with the policies, accounting procedures and financial reporting standards (IFRS) of daily operations.
- Maintain calendar and tracker for all statutory obligations and ensure reporting deadlines are met and all local statutory filings are completed.
- Coordinate and meet the requirements of internal and external audits.
- Help Financial Manager with Bi-annual and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Ensure the delivery of financial statements to public institutions to ensure the facilities of lines of credit, as well as the facilities and benefits that entails.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Perfomance Indicators:
- Proactive employee management ensuring sufficiently motivated and engaged team
- Maintenance of the accounts receivable outstanding days within Group policy guidelines.
- Financial statements are signed no later than 3 months after completion of the external audit, tax returns filed timeously.
- Respect of MENAWACA and MEA HQ deadlines for the month end close process.
- Month-ends are completed by no later than 1 business day prior to when the P&L is due.
- Effective and efficient resolution of queries.
- Timely completion of external audit.
- Objectives are joint with the wider team
- Internal support to various functions
- Responsibilities will be both regular and some will be more project-based or ad hoc.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional certification such as ICAN/ACCA/CPA is required
- M.Sc / MBA is an added advantage
- 7 plus years prior work-related experience within Finance Department in a profit-driven organization
- FMCG / Audit or similar industry experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent fundamental accounting skills
- Computer Literacy – Experience in Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel Advanced a must, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Prior experience in ERP SAGE or comparable accounting experience is advantageous.
- Experience in JD Edwards and Hyperion Financial Management a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and perform well in a team environment.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business requirements and learn new systems / methods as required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online