The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Training Officer
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2022-0010
Recruitment Type: National (1 year renewable contract)
- Review and validate in-coming training support documents submitted by the state teams.
- Set-up, maintain and update project e-filing and record keeping.
- Support the Training Coordinator to compile project training data and relevant information required for updating the system and ensure information is correct and accurate.
- Prepare meeting notes and reports for all I-Youth project and related meetings at the project coordination office Abuja.
- Provide administrative support to the I-Youth Executive Manager, Training and Partnership Coordination and other officers at the project coordination office.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent data management and report writing skills.
- Have good communication skill (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Be attentive to details and agribusiness literacy.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates must include a detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft Word.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.