The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is West Africa’s foremost examining board established by law to determine the examinations required in the public interest in the English-speaking West African countries, to conduct the examinations and to award certificates comparable to those of equivalent examining authorities internationally.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified persons to fill the vacant position below in its Nigeria National Office and WAEC International Office, Lagos Nigeria:
Job Title: Assistant Registrar II (Mathematician / Statistician)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others:
- Calibration of test items using IRT
- Creating of parallel test forms by optimisation using IRT parameter data
- Maintenance of an electronic item bank
- Xray tests constructed, moderated and trial tested by officers using appropriate statistical tools
- Carry out research on modern methods of assessment and psychometrics for optimal performance of test instruments
- Preparation of proposals on testing innovations, trends and evaluation
- Other Test Development and Test Administration assignments.
Qualifications And Experience
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics / Statistics (at least Second Class Lower Division)
- Master’s Degree in Measurement and Evaluation will be an added advantage
- Have a minimum of three (3) years post NYSC relevant work experience
- Possess five (5) credits in SSCE/WASSCE including English Language and Mathematics at a sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants shouls not be more than forty (40) years of age as at the close of the advertisement.
- They must have undergone the mandatory one (1) year National Youth Service.
- Be able to use Personal Computers, MS Office software package and have knowledge of web-based systems;
- Be self-motivated and able to write good reports, analyse and review research reports;
- Be able to work extra hours with little or no supervision;
- Be a team player with good inter-personal skills and be open and able to lead change;
- Possess influencing, analytical and communication skills;
- Be an organiser / planner with ability to be flexible and to be able to successfully implement ideas.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary paid by the Council is very attractive.
- Point of entry into the salary scales will depend on qualifications and experience.
- The successful applicant will enjoy very good remuneration package that is in line with the Council’s Conditions of Service and will also be assured of full career development within the organisation.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A scanned passport photograph of size between 7kb to 30kb and dimension 275 x 314 pixels
- Educational qualifications (secondary and tertiary with uploaded scanned copies of certificates obtained). Size of upload between 50kb to 120kb, width between 400pixels to 1200pixels and height between 600pixels to 1500pixels
- You can only apply for a position if you have created a user account, verified your account and logged in.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application details should be completed and submitted not later than the closing date.