Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Applications Sales Representative
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
About the Job
- Oracle’s Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) provides commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software solutions for all major functions in the Utility Sector. These include Customer Care & Billing, Meter Data Management, Settlements, and Network & Outage Management.
- Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utility companies of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership.
- Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific Customer Care & Billing, Customer Cloud Service, Network Management, Work and Asset management, and Meter Data Management applications with the capabilities of Oracle’s industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage.
- The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments.
- The Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) enhances the Oracle brand by delivering best of breed business solutions and professional services to the Utility industries around the world.
- Our customers value us above all other competitors because of our thought leadership, understanding of their needs, talents and superior ability to provide world-class solutions for the challenges they face. Our customer relationships can be leveraged by all of Oracle to grow Oracle’s relevance in our industries.
- Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
- Primary job duty is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers.
- Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning.
- Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
- Acknowledged authority within the Corporation.
- Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
- To win new Applications license business in the Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit.
- Reports to the EMEA VP Sales Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit
- Has no direct reports, but leads the activities of virtual teams in support of opportunities.
- Works in the utility industry on a defined set of accounts ranging from large global enterprises to mid-tier in the designated territory.
- Identifies and segments all organizations that fall into their designated territory, plans and executes sales campaigns for their territory and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Engage with customers and prospects to present and sell Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit applications. Winning new license sales revenue in line with targets.
- Works with appropriate Oracle Partners.
- Works with other Lines of Business (LOBs)
Products and Solutions Sold Under this role:
- Entire Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit product portfolio, please click on hyperlink to review Products by Category.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Developing a strategy and sales plan to address the designated accounts / territory.
- Strong focus on account selling – identify value proposition; whitespace; proactively propose applications to account.
- Identify and grow partnerships to successfully address client’s needs and create differentiators.
- Generating and following up on leads.
- Marshalling internal and Partner resources to conduct the sales process.
- Identifying and working with the appropriate people in Oracle and the Customer.
- Facilitating and nurturing Senior Management relationships to generate active sponsorship of Oracle.
- Maintaining an understanding of Oracle’s strategic direction and interpreting its relevance to the territory / industry.
- Maintaining an awareness of Oracle Utilities’ current and future Application products and services.
- Actively maintaining a depth of product knowledge of Oracle solutions in the Utilities market.
- Research and communicate current industry trends, drivers and potential
- Communicate the benefits of Oracle value propositions to the market
- Work with appropriate people to co-ordinate marketing activities in order to generate leads.
- Create and manage bids teams.
- Produce an accurate weekly / monthly forecast and pipeline.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with other Oracle LOBs to ensure resources are made available as and when required.
- Establish and maintain contractual agreements between Oracle and the Customers.
- Maintain customer satisfaction in with accounts throughout and beyond the implementation.
- Operate in line with Oracle’s business processes and procedures.
- Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations
- Attend Industry forums.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 12 years applicable experience including 9 years of sales experience. Successful sales track record.
- Ability to penetrate accounts, meet with stakeholders within accounts.
- Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Interaction with C level players.
- Team player with strong interpersonal /communication skills.
- Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers.
- Travel may be needed.
- Proven track record in selling software applications / services to utilities companies/ public sector in Western, Eastern Africa.
- Excellent track record of meeting targets.
- Demonstrated ability to close large complex deals.
- Proven track record in building relationships at all level within utility companies
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong knowledge of the utility industry drivers in Western, Eastern Africa.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).