Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Volunteer
Locations: Abuja and Kaduna
Contracted hours: 21 to 28 hours
Contract length: 12 months
About the Role
- The Administrative volunteer will provide hands-on support to deliver on the Christian Aid Nigeria Operations mandate by providing specific administrative support and working closely with teams across the country programme.
- Assist in travel logistic arrangement including air ticket booking, airport movements
- Security clearance and travel claim for staff
- Assist the admin associate with routine payment requests, budget tracking, and recording
- Assist in asset & stock management
- Manages all office utilities and maintenance like light and water, AC, fire extinguishers, computer equipment & generator maintenance, etc.
- Taking attendance at group meetings
- Managing gardening services.
- Perform other related administrative tasks as may be assigned
About the Individual:
- The successful individual MUST have a keen interest in Administration.
- The individual must be a willing learner and have the ability to work effectively and deliver across multiple tasks with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements / Desired Skills
- University student or recent graduate in the field of Business Administration or other related fields
- Ability to communicate in the English language
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to work and growth
- Ability to work in a team
- Willing to learn new things
- Attention to detail and ability to organize work in an efficient manner
- Willingness to explore and learn new ways of working, given the fluid nature of the job.
- Ability to use basic software applications Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Knowledge of international development is an added advantage.
Other Information / Benefits
- The successful applicant will be required to work 4 days a week during Christian Aid’s official work hours and be paid a stipend for transportation.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.