Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Job Type: Temporary, Full Time
- The Administration Officer will be responsible for providing general administrative support for efficient project management.
Scope of Work
- The Administration Officer will be actively responsible for maintaining an effective and efficient workflow of the office through enforcing administrative procedures to the office operating system and equipment.
- S/he will be directly responsible for the provision of administrative, personnel and logistics support in the office. S/he is accountable to the Senior Project Manager (IPTi Project) and will based in Abuja Office.
Office Management: Administration and Logistics – (55%):
- Lead in setting up a filling system for the office, ensuring ease of storage and retrieval of documents;
- Develop and maintain effective maintenance procedure for all IT equipment and computer in the office
- Responsible for overseeing all logistic arrangements including maintaining an updated record of events, travel itineraries of staff and short-term consultants (as applicable) to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service to the project;
- Responsible for procurements of assets in line with MC procurement policies as well as vendor management and other service providers contracting (including security and IT);
- Will ensure updated records and valid documentation all of vendors. And other service providers and consultants are registered on NAV;
- Responsible for negotiations with hotels, travel and transport services and oversee general logistics for field/state activities;
- Liaises with Country Office Manager on difficulties and other office maintenance issues;
- Manage the Office generator to ensure it is serviced based on a preventative servicing schedule, that the fuel is managed appropriately with relevant stock management document and the logbook is completed by the security guards, with logbook data analysed to ensure efficient running of the generator;
- Manage the office security provider to ensure that the office has effective security 24/7.
- Manage the office ICT support provider to ensure all ICT assets are maintained in good working order, to support Malaria Consortium staff in completing their daily activities;
- Organise, monitor and manage staff mobile phone credit
- Act as a fire warden and first aider
Programme support – 30%:
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholder or technical meetings, workshops, seminars, including all travel and accommodations arrangements.
- Lead the compilation of participants list (i.e., CHWs, health facility staff, team supervisors, ward supervisors, state, and LGA supervisors), during MDA and other project events.
- Responsible for contracting short term consultants in state office in close communication with the HR manager at the country office and in line with the procurement policy.
- Responsible for coordinating the administration and logistics support for the programme office on all field related activities in the state.
- In line with the programme budget and working as guided by the Malaria consortium policy, ensure value for money of all procurements for programme activities carried out in the state.
Asset and Stock Management (15%):
- Manage all project-based assets to ensure that they are registered, tracked, maintained, and disposed of according to the Malaria Consortium Asset Management Policy.
- Maintaining the Property Inventory Register for all office equipment (as per the Malaria Consortium Fixed Asset Policy) in the State.
- Purchase and manage stocks, in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Inventory Management Policy.
- Manage stationeries and office supplies for effective management and running of the office.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or similar qualification in Administration or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an operations related role specifically in administration and logistics
- Previous experience in procurement particularly within the donor funding environment
- Proven written and oral skills in English
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with staff
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Effectively prioritise and perform to tight deadlines
- Attentive to detail
- Highly organised
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Facilitation and coordination skills.
Work-based Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to troubleshoot basic ICT issues
- Good analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022 (23:59 BST).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in Nigeria.