The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration & Finance Analyst, SB4
Job ID: 41317
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Practice Area: Job Family
Posting Type: Common System
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Management: Administration & Finance
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
- Under the guidance of the Administrative & Finance Officer in Borno, the Administrative & Finance Analyst is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of, finance, general administration, human resources, procurement, logistical and common services support to OCHA/Nigeria sub offices and operations consistent with UN rules and regulations.
- The Administrative and Finance Analyst leads and provides guidance to OCHA sub Offices administrative staff, fostering effective collaboration within the teams, with relevant OCHA and UNDP counterparts at headquarters and in the field, and with other UN agencies, promoting a client-oriented approach and ensuring optimal performance and efficient delivery of services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of OCHA Nigeria administrative operations.
- Management of OCHA Nigeria finance and human resources
- Management and monitoring of OCHA Assets.
- Procurement of goods and services.
- Provide management support to OCHA administrative operations with the following results:
- Full compliance of operations with UN/OCHA/UNDP rules, regulations and policies, effective implementation of corporate operational strategies, achievement of management targets, monitoring and reporting of results.
- Liaise with the UNDP Country Office (Finance & Procurement, Protocol units) to ensure that the provision of all OCHA related administrative support services are implemented/delivered in an efficient and timely manner.
- Manage the office transport flees and ensure that all vehicles are all MOSS compliant and are in road worthy condition and properly maintained including the provision of adequate spare parts at all times.
- Plan and organize office events including retreats, meetings and other events and ensure that all participants are informed in advance and that the necessary logistics is in place including booking of venues, hotels etc
- The Administration & Finance Analyst has the role as Travel Administrator, thus he/she will take responsibility to submit Travel Requests/Expense Reports into OCHA ERP system “Umoja”.
Management of OCHA Nigeria finance and human resources:
- Knowledge building and sharing with regards to financial management and general administrative operations, contributing to OCHA’s best practices.
- Letters and other correspondence relating to administrative and finance activities drafted and related reports prepared for internal use.
- Closely follow up on all issues related to staff travel (domestic & international) and office/staff compliance with the security procedures.
- The provision of adequate spare parts at all times.
- Supervise the work and manage the performance of the Administrate support staff
Support the management and monitoring of OCHA assets with the following expected results:
- Management of OCHA assets ensuring full compliance with IPSAS in the accounting for procurement, utilization and disposal of OCHA Nigeria‘s assets.
- Ensure that for the office assets/inventory proper records are maintained and updated regularly and that both the financial and physical status of all office NEPs is regularly reported/updated in OCHA ERP system (Umoja) and maintaining required related documentation.
- Ensure proper documentation for inventory hand-over/return to custodians and update the records in Umoja/internal data base accordingly
Manage and coordinate the procurement of goods and services with the following results:
- Required goods and services secured in a timely manner, within budget and in full compliance with established UN rules, regulations and procedures for procurement.
- Procurement actions taken in accordance with the principles of good planning and overall strategic objectives established by OCHA management, using best practices in sourcing, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and the use of performance measurement benchmarks.
- Sound judgment, knowledge and guidance are applied to tender processes and evaluation of bids, in the negotiation of agreements, and in contract management.
- Day-to-day support and coordination for all procurement arrangements with local service providers & ensure that common service agreements (cleaning, security, health facilities, vehicle maintenance etc) are properly implement and services are to the standards required
- The Administration & Finance Analyst has the role as Requisitioner, thus he/she will take responsibility to raise purchase orders (POs) and submit good/services receipts into OCHA ERP system “Umoja”.
- Supervise the logistics, Administration and Finance associate staff and drivers
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the supervisor and/or the Head of Sub Office.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking operations management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNOCHA’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Builds strong relationships with partners, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Ability to manage complex problems proactively and effectively, including responses to emergencies
- Ability to work independently, with efficiency, competency and integrity with people of different national backgrounds.
- Knowledge of institutional mandates, policies and guidelines pertaining to humanitarian assistance
- Proven report writing skills
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or the equivalent) or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or in a similarly related field
- Professional qualifications in finance / accounting / Administration and knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations are added advantage
- Up to 2 years of relevant professional experience in business / public administration, finance, Human Resources or other related areas.
- Good knowledge on Administration/Operations is required. Experience working with the UN or other international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in using UN ERP system (Umoja) in the area of travel and procurement is highly desirable. Good computer skills (Windows, MS Word, Excel/Spread sheets, the internet/Web) is required
- Fluency in English and Hausa
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Applicant Information and Notice
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
- Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
- Scam warning: The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.