Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin / Operations Assistant (Short Term Consultancy)
Duration: May to June 2022
- We require qualified Admin support Staff who will provide Administrative, logistics, and procurement support to the ITN Campaign Team in Anambra State.
- The assistant will provide support to the country office operation team on everyday office administration in Anambra state with support from the project staff.
- The Admin Assistants(Consultants), situated in Anambra state shall work directly with the Country Officer Operation Team, under the guidance of the Senior Campaign Manager in ensuring proper functioning and management of operation activities in line with Malaria Consortium policies.
- This will include to have an updated data bank of consultants, vendors and stakeholders.
- The officer will ensure an effective maintenance system of all office equipment, including generator, photocopiers, computers and its networks, printers and other office assets.
- Provides support for day to day administration of the office
- Provide support to the team by overseeing the management and maintenance of the office assets, utilities, office equipment, consumables and supplies.
- Responsible for recording and updating of office assets in the asset register.
- Provide monthly reports on state activities as it relates to the admin, procurement and logistics to the Operation Manager.
- Maintains a filing system for the office, ensuring ease of storage and retrieval of documents.
- Responsible for the effective maintenance of all IT equipment and computer in the office.
- Support the country office manager, Procurement and Admin Officer in logistic arrangements including maintaining an updated record of events, travel itineraries of staff and short term consultants (as applicable) to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service to the project.
- Provide support to the office driver, by providing supervision, coaching and mentoring in developing vehicle movement plan, implementation and review.
- The officer will check the vehicle log sheet and driver’s time sheet and sign off on them monthly
- Support the Procurement and Admin Officer in coordination of internal and external stakeholder or technical meetings, workshops, seminars, including all travel and accommodations arrangements;
- Support the compilation of participants list and bank details, during LLIN Microplanning and campaign activities
- Supports the Procurement and Admin Officer in managing short term contracts at the state office in close communication with the HR manager at the country office and in line with the procurement policy;
- Supports the Procurement and Admin Officer in coordinating the administration and logistics of the programme office on all field related activities in the state;
- Work closely with the Finance Officer and finance assistants, in line with programme budgets and the procurement policy to ensure all payment documents (vendor or personnel) are properly compiled and presented for payments.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Timing of Consultancy:
- May – June, 2022
- Timeline of Activities/TA days – Campaign (May – June 2022) – 55 TA days.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Social Sciences, Project Management or similar
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a related role
- Previous experience within the INGO sector and in a related role
- Strong Microsoft office suite skill
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Budget development, work-plan Implementation and Expense reporting.
- Person resident in and working experience in the State of Assignment
- An in-depth experience in similar positions/assignment
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner but within an integrated team.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022 at 07:59 AM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above link.