FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Category: Finance, Finance & Accounts
- At FairMoney, we are building the digital bank for emerging markets.
- We have presence currently in France, Nigeria and India. Our largest market currently is Nigeria
- The Finance department at FairMoney is a key component in this mission to provide banking services to all consumers across emerging markets.
- Finance drives the reporting, the strategic analysis and the financial operations to make FairMoney’s mission possible.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carrying out monthly postings, accurate calculation of monthly accruals/prepayments, including journal preparation;
- Preparation and review of the monthly Statement of Profit or Loss and Other Comprehensive Income (SOCI), the Statement of Financial Position(SOFP) and Statement of Cash Flow;
- Preparing and maintaining intercompany reconciliation including calculation of monthly intercompany transfer/transactions and any resulting FX gain/lo
- Facilitating the year end process by providing assistance with the preparation of the final account and the consolidated account;
- Providing the necessary support for the statutory annual audit, regulatory audit and tax audits by making relevant schedules and source documents available on time;
- Ensuring that the PAYE, Pension, WHT and VAT are appropriately deducted and remitted;
- Maintain the fixed asset register and ensures that controls put in place to safeguard the company’s asset are complied with
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or numerate discipline degree
- Good analytical skills, high level of accuracy and attention to details
- A qualified accountant (ACCA, ICAN)
- Have an Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Have a minimum of five (5) years accounting experience in audit firms or firms in the financial service industry
- Be an effective team player with a positive attitude
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A screening call with the Senior Recruiter ~30 mins
- Technical interview with the hiring manager ~30 mins