Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Executive (Energy & Manufacturing)
Job Number: 1408048
Employment Type: Full Time
Travel: 25-50 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
- The Account Executive at Microsoft leads our most valued customers into the digital age.
- Embracing a challenger mindset, the successful Account Executive manages, orchestrates and leads their virtual teams and closes opportunities with customers that produce transformative business outcomes.
The Account Executive will be responsible for the following:
Customer Outcomes Manager:
- Understands customer drivers and business outcomes of digital transformation and contributes to Digital/transformation with the customer; initiates conversations with customers on digital transformation for assigned accounts. Ensures line-of-business wins are captured (e.g., testimonials) for referencing.
Sales Leadership Pivoting to Industry:
- Develops an understanding of the customer’s industry and the needs of each assigned account and identifies opportunities to drive optimizations and new digitalization solutions/ideas based on their needs and strategies; works on behalf of the customer.
Executes on Account Plans & Goals:
- Manages and executes plans for multiple accounts to ensure Microsoft targets and customer business needs are met; coordinates with extended virtual teams and holds self and the team accountable for executing on plans and meeting customer needs; outlines revenue targets to deliver on account plans; orchestrates extended team and embraces partners to scale business; ensures sales consumption and adoption goals on target.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of selling to or consulting with enterprise customers. Added advantage if it is within the Energy & manufacturing industries. Equally considered will be 8+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within enterprise customers.
- Solid experience in engaging and selling to senior level/C-Suite decision makers.
- Experience in leading multi-cultural, diverse and remote teams across different disciplines.
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, create and deliver customized, customer-focused pitches and solutions.
- Effectively navigate through ambiguity and complexities related to client management.
- Embody “we-before-me” and the “customer first” mindset that delivers long term success over short term returns.
- Solid knowledge of at least one industry required; Government, Manufacturing, Oil/Gas/Energy, etc.)
- The ability to adapt one’s behavior to different people and situations, while recognizing, acknowledging and understanding different perspectives.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online